- This website, www.getmeaflat.in (hereinafter referred to as “getmeaflat”), is owned, hosted and operated by Marquee Assets LLP, a limited liability partnership incorporated in India (“MAL”). Getmeaflat is an online information and communications platform, wherein Users can avail the services offered on getmeaflat (“Services”).
For the purpose of this Clause 2.1, the term “Subscriber” means any User who has subscribed to the Services (whether on a paid or free basis), and to whom the access to getmeaflat is restricted by the use of a sign in user name and a password. The user name and password are either allotted by getmeaflat or chosen by the Subscriber or agreed upon by getmeaflat.
- Objective of Collecting Information
- Since Getmeaflat is an online information and communications platform, certain information provided by Users is collected in order to enhance the quality of services provided by:
- Helping Users find the most relevant information by customizing the Services and the browsing experience to the needs of the Users; and
- Putting Users in touch with the buyers/sellers or lessors/lessees (as applicable) and third-party providers of value added services.
- Type of Information Collected from Users
- Information Collected from all Users:
- Information collected from Subscribers:
- Subscribers will be asked to provide certain information in order to set up an account on getmeaflat, such as (i) name; (ii) email address; (iii) sex, (iv) age; (v) PIN code; (vi) phone number; (vii) financial data like credit card / debit card information and billing addresses; (viii) password etc. and (ix) occupation, interests etc. MAL may also call Subscribers for the purpose of verification of the information provided.
- If Users provide location information (like a PIN code, street address or name of city) during the registration process or otherwise at any other time via their account settings, MAL will store that information and associate it with the respective User’s account. MAL may use and store such information to provide localized features, to analyze the Services, to provide Users with relevant advertising and marketing materials and otherwise to improve and customize the Services.
- Sharing of Information
- The information collected from Users, while they are accessing getmeaflat, is categorized as follows:
- Personal Information: This refers to personally identifiable information like name, address, age, email address and phone number.
- Sensitive Personal Information: This refers to passwords, financial information (such as bank account and credit card / debit card details), physical, biometric, physiological and mental health condition and sexual orientation.
- Other Information: This refers to all other information, which cannot by itself be used to identify an individual person, and covers all information other than ‘Personal Information’ or ‘Sensitive Personal Information’, e.g. the nature of device being used by the User, Users’ usage patterns and preference, logs which are created when Users access and use getmeaflat, local caches on Users’ browser, Users’ location, IP address etc.
- Personal Information shall be used to allow the User to login to his/her account or to resolve specific service related issues, inform the User of any new services or features, to communicate with Users in relation to their use of getmeaflat and generation of leads regarding properties listed on getmeaflat.
- Other Information will be used for:
- MAL’s business purposes and this may include the viewing or advertising of residential or commercial real estate, rental properties or to use associated value-added services;
- Improving MAL’s marketing and promotional efforts;
- Analytical purposes, data usage;
- Improving getmeaflat, or User experience; and
- Providing targeted advertisements to Users.
- MAL may share Personal Information if it deems appropriate to comply with applicable laws and regulations or legal request, to enforce or apply its policies, to initiate, render, bill and collect amounts owed to MAL, to protect its rights or property, to protect the safety of the Users, to address fraud, security, or technical issues.
- MAL will not publish any Sensitive Personal Information and no Sensitive Personal Information will be shared by MAL with any third party without obtaining the prior consent of the User, except in the following limited circumstances:
- When it is requested or required by law or by any court or governmental agency or authority to disclose, for the purpose of verification of identity, or for the prevention, detection, investigation including cyber incidents, or for prosecution and punishment of offences. These disclosures are made in good faith and belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary for enforcing the Terms and for complying with the applicable laws and regulations.
- If a User uses MAL’s user-generated content services, like posting a question, answer or blog on getmeaflat, he/she should be aware that any personally identifiable information submitted therein can be read, collected or used by other Users and could be used to send unsolicited messages. MAL is not responsible for the personally identifiable information any User elects to submit in these forums.
- Any User may opt-out of receiving notifications from MAL/getmeaflat by changing their notification settings under the ‘Settings’ tab after logging on to getmeaflat. In such event, MAL will not track an opted-out User’s behaviour or display customized ads to the User.
- Links to Third Party Websites
- Accuracy and Confidentiality of Account Information:
Users are responsible for maintaining the secrecy and accuracy of their password, email address, and other account information at all times. MAL recommends a strong password that Users do not use with other services. MAL is not responsible for personal data transmitted to a third party as a result of an incorrect email address.
- Verification of Content:
MAL will periodically verify the authenticity, availability and integrity of the content posted on getmeaflat by Users. If it is found that the content is not as per quality guidelines, MAL reserves the right to put the content on hold until the suggested resolution is verified. Repeated abuse of quality guidelines may lead to cancellation of services.
MAL takes commercially appropriate security measures, such as encryption, passwords, physical security etc., to protect against misuse and loss of, unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of MAL’s data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where personal data is stored. However, as effective as MAL’s security measures are, no security system is impenetrable. MAL cannot guarantee the security of its database, nor can MAL guarantee that information which Users supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to MAL over the internet.
- Policy Changes:
- Complaints and Grievance Redressal
Any complaints, abuse or concerns with regards to content and or comment or breach of this Policy shall be immediately informed to the designated Grievance Officer as mentioned through email.